Friday, December 16, 2005

Best New Blog of 2005, dammit

I have been encouraged by a fellow blogger to pursue the Best New Blog of 2005 Koufax Award.

Phronesisaical does not have a huge amount of readers. But making the cut for an award like this would be awful encouraging. Those of you who are everyday readers, occasional readers, or first-timers, please take a moment to nominate little old us for the category of Best New Blog here at Wampum.

Nothing democratic about it -- the more nominations, the better. Vote often. Just pretend you're an Ohio or Florida Republican, and it's easy.

Norwegianity -- bless the Wege's soul -- has already nominated us, and I've already mentioned that he and Neddie are most deserving of further recognition, in my view. Barba, Rollo, and Flaco may have other choices, and I invite them to add to this post if they like.

I've said it before, but we are very grateful for the great regular readers we have here in this corner of virtua-land. I can only name a few, but thanks to Neddie, The Wege, Eric Gordy, DCat, Elyas, Peter Daou, Troutsky, Selves and Others, Peter Levine, Lindsay at Majikthise, Ward Harkavy at the Village Voice, my former grad students and now good friends from NYU, my neighbor Greg, Paul F. and Sean M. from UMD, Dave R. in San Antonio, David at DOE, and everyone else. There are others I don't know, but can see that you stop by regularly -- thanks to you too and please feel free to make yourself at home and leave comments.

You really do make it worthwhile.

UPDATE:

I also have to mention Neil Shakespeare, my writer-friend who goes by the blogosphere name O. de Potomac, and someone from Rochester who has been faithful to the blog since the early days.

No comments: