Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Just sitting here

Hot day again in DC. The summer international environmental agreements class at the EPA is going well. Good students, as always. World Cup gets in the way of class. Class gets in the way of World Cup. Writing, editing... lots of writing and editing. Three book projects. One due out in the fall, another in early 2007, and the third in late 2007 (I hope). Got to go to the office today - stuff to photocopy, mail, a meeting. Wrote a long note about the city to a friend who just arrived for a long stay in Paris. I miss Paris, walking there. Don't miss the summers. Too many Italians. Geckoes are cool. The Mexican team looks pretty weak. I should get my hair cut. I look like my Aunt Donna. That plant by the window needs watering. Lots of emails to write. I should organize all those papers on my desk. That's a really nice desk - a giant teak thing imported from Thailand in the early 1900s. I got it for free. I like my desk. I wish that dog would stop barking. Need to arrange vacation plans for later this summer - pressure from Mrs. Helmut. Wish I had more time to read fiction. I really need to write that grant proposal. Oh, how I do like the underappreciated orange. Such a common but beautiful fruit. What does Bruno Latour mean by "traces"? More coffee.

No comments: