Monday, September 18, 2006

Space Tourism!

Are you as excited as I am about the new opportunities in space tourism? Today, the "first female space tourist," a telecommunications millionaire based in Dallas, lifted off courtesy of Soyuz TMA-9! Only $20 million!

OK, more somberly, this is indeed a great event for the future of Iran's youth, and this $20 million is going to a good cause!
"I think my flight has become a sort of ray of hope for young Iranians living in Iran, helping them to look forward to something positive, because everything they've been hearing is all so very depressing and talks of war and talks of bloodshed," Ansari told Reuters last week.
Careful of the politics, though!
She has been told, however, to remove an Iranian flag from her spacesuit and, at the insistence of the Russian and U.S. governments, promise that there will be no political messages during her trip.
I couldn't find a photo of our current space tourist! But I did find one of an earlier space tourist!

Photo: NASA!

1 comment:

Shogunmike said...

It's all about space tourism! I myself am trying to get myself into space. However, I am but a lowly student and do not have $20,000,000 in pocket change...

However, I am trying to buy myself into space:

http://www.buymetothestars.com

Check it out!