Sunday, October 15, 2006

Headlines, Really?

From Sunday's NYT (my apologies for being so late at this, and--really, to Helmut--for not spelling him during the hard academic work he does (also: does Helmut really need to learn Spanish, too? I mean, can't I have--even if in a half-assed way--one language he doesn't?), much more devoted and important stuff than those of us teaching freshman composition and sophomore lit surveys . . . ):

Should the following really be headlines? On the front page?

"Competitive Electricity Markets Fail to Deliver Promised Savings"

and

"'I'm no Terrorist' Finds Deaf Ears"

I didn't forget to link the stories. I just didn't see any point.

3 comments:

helmut said...

Yeah, yeah, okay. I get it.

But it's not a function of bgdom.

barba de chiva said...

Well, only half of it is related to the feelings of inadequacy you inspire in me and Troutsky. I also envy your eastern seaboard autumn weather. The light has changed enough here that it looks like it might be crisp and cool outside. But it isn't. It's still brutally hot . . .

May the flkelp be always at your back.

barba de chiva said...

Also: Troutsky (if you're reading this): you get laundry done? When??