Saturday, December 09, 2006

Sniffle, Snap, or: It's My Party and I'll Cry if I Want To

It's nice to be reminded once in a while what counts for "leadership."
Taking questions Friday at an hourlong farewell to Pentagon employees, Rumsfeld became emotional and wiped his nose as he reviewed his tenure and accomplishments.

[ . . .]

There also were moments of vintage Rumsfeld, when he was not the battered figure who has become a symbol of a strategy gone wrong in Iraq, but the jaunty defense secretary whose verbal sparring once made his news conferences Washington's most entertaining show.

When a young military aide interrupted to say there was time for one more question, Rumsfeld shot back: "I'll decide if it's the last question."

2 comments:

troutsky said...

next we'll be reading his existential poetry.I hope he joins Friedman and Kirkpatrick in hell.Trout, thats not nice! Im sorry.

Anonymous said...

Oh goodie, YABD! Yet another Beltway Dreveby!