Sunday, March 18, 2007

Paris

I'm headed to Paris tomorrow for a Friday meeting and to see friends, family, and engage in a bit of flâneurie. Now that one of my favorite cafes and one of my favorite bars both have wireless, I might post a few things from there.

Times are busy here in the non-blog world with some possibly significant life-changes coming along. Plus, I've recently finished off one book, am currently finishing another and have a third in the works. Plus, I'm building a center at the university and recently came into a large chunk of funding to be able to do it. This is all good, but there are some other opportunities and some elements that are out of my hands. I'm a bit on hold regarding the latter.

I know I've slacked off with the blog. Sorry. Traffic has dropped. Damn. I don't want to lose you folks. I'll try to keep up the posts. Please give me feedback. A little comment or two are always helpful in letting me know there are readers out there. Posting will pick up after March.

In the meantime, for those of you who have spring breaks, have fun. But if someone comes around with a video camera, get out of there quickly.

Photo by Helmut

7 comments:

Badaunt said...

I'm still reading. I'd prefer to be reading in Paris, though!

Anonymous said...

I, too, am reading your blog! Keep up the good work; it's always nice to read your thoughts.
Best regards, Rossi

Anonymous said...

I check every day. I wouldn't mind being in Paris, either; currently trying to figure out my travel schedule for the rest of the year.

I'm working on a book, too, so I can sympathize on the time requirements.

We all appreciate you and are looking forward to more posting.

CKR

MT said...

Invest in some good knee pads before building starts, and realize sheet rock is a lot heavier than it looks. Is the center to have an atrium? One word: Drainage. Other than that, I figure you're in like Flynn. Bon Voyage!

C.M. Mayo said...

Happy flaneurie Helmut!

troutsky said...

Bit of an over-achiever id think!My memories of Paris are a bit vague as i wandered about for a week or two eating hash and that great LSD of the early seventies.But it seemed lovely, especially the Rodin.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for linking to me--I love your blog. Have fun in Paris.

Thenonsequitur