Monday, May 26, 2008

These Days

Dear Friends,

I'm having surgery tomorrow morning and will be out of commission for at least a few days. The surgery is moderately serious and will require a fair amount of time for rehabilitation. The cause isn't anything life-threatening, but that hasn't prevented me from mulling my mortality the past several days. Pure self-indulgence. It's not easy to face up to the failures of the body (I think I reconciled with my failures of the mind long ago). Nevertheless, in this case, all signs point to a quick and full rehabilitation.

Barba will try to keep some posts coming. If you haven't read his stuff in the past, you're in for a treat. I'll be back in a few days.



CKR said...

Good luck, helmut. Surgery is always scary.

And get better soon!

Steve Gimbel said...

Thinking of you, my friend. Good luck with everything.

MT said...

Good luck! Have a swift recoup, and bring us back some metaphysical insights from general anesthesia. Come back better...faster...more phronesisaical than before.