Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Eh?

I'm fiddling around with a new design for the blog. It won't be much changed, but I'm really tired of the old template. I don't know what I want it to look like, so there'll be some testing of appearances here for a bit, often half-formed. For one thing, I need to learn how to use this new template gizmo thing blogger has.

Sorry for the mess.
---
See that stupid bar above (when it's there it crosses the melon photo horizontally)? Know how to get rid of it? Or the white strip further down the sidebar after all the links? I do know I want to make the central strip with the text wider and then change the color of the outer background. I've never understood why blogs by default use this narrow vertical strip and are supposed to do so because it's said to be easier to read. Why not use the whole page? Maybe it's simply because Blogger will insist on wacking out the alignment if I widen the text part....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool!

Anonymous said...

baby blue? Yuk!!!! I like the old one...

helmut said...

I'm trying.... Had to head out of the house and that's where I left off.

Anonymous said...

...monstera waffly mmm...

MT said...

Lookin' good, helmut.

Unknown said...

The picture needs to be smaller, probably a quarter of what it is now.

helmut said...

Thanks for the advice. It's still in progress. I really haven't changed it much, but I'm not sure where to go with it. My design skills are wanting.