Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Bits and Pieces - January 26, 2010

Female elementary school teachers can convince their female students that they can't be good at math.
You don't hear people going around bragging about the fact that they can't read, but you do hear people say, 'Oh, I don't want to calculate the bill.'
Pass The Damn Bill calls may be starting to make a difference.

I've always wondered why the government doesn't tell us what it knows already about our income for taxes. Now I know.

Yay Tom Udall, New Mexico's newest Senator!

Michael Cohen makes some points along the political lines I was grousing about earlier today. But I think I still may have something to say.

1 comment:

troutsky said...

Cohen is closing in on it but needs to peel back one more layer, ask "why is this so?" one more time.
Remember when Margaret Thatcher said "there is no 'society'!" It was a self-fulfilling prophesy, designed and executed through the reproduction of ruling class ideology. It involves wiping out historical memory and replacing citizens with consumer/producers.

Things were going pretty much as planned until the bubble popped.Democracy was always just an elaborate theatrical production under capitalism. Now that the curtain is being pulled away we also see the fear in the eyes of the "Old Money" that things are spinning rapidly out of their control.Just my opinion.