Wednesday, February 03, 2010

KSM for Dummies

The Editors sums up the entire Khalid Sheikh Mohammed trial issue with a remarkably perspicacious economy of words.
Um, how would it give him a shot? Is he The Joker? Is he going to be sitting in the courtroom in New York City, surrounded by police, when suddenly he activates a remote control hidden in his ludicrous beard and deadly Terrorex gas comes out of the ventilation system turning the entire court into UNSTOPPABLE TERROR ZOMBIES? Because, “mastermind” or no, I don’t think he can do that, or, really, much of anything that any other criminal couldn’t do. But if NYC can’t handle it, the Justice Department is welcome to use my living room to try KSM, so long as they let my fat cat sit on the judge’s desk and dress him up like a British judge with a powdered wig and refer to him as “The Right Honourable Justice Fatty Fat Pants” in the official court transcript. Probably lots of idiots will try to blow up my apartment with highly-explosive Osama bin Laden Underoos, but for whatever reason I’m willing to roll the dice. Probably because I’m super brave.

No comments: