Monday, August 30, 2010

The Onion (via Lindsay on FB):
Man Already Knows Everything He Needs To Know About Muslims

...Gentries, 48, said he had absolutely no interest in exposing himself to further knowledge of Islamic civilization or putting his sweeping opinions into a broader context of any kind, and confirmed he was "perfectly happy" to make a handful of emotionally charged words the basis of his mistrust toward all members of the world's second-largest religion.

"I learned all that really matters about the Muslim faith on 9/11," Gentries said in reference to the terrorist attacks on the United States undertaken by 19 of Islam's approximately 1.6 billion practitioners. "What more do I need to know to stigmatize Muslims everywhere as inherently violent radicals?"

"And now they want to build a mosque at Ground Zero," continued Gentries, eliminating any distinction between the 9/11 hijackers and Muslims in general. "No, I won't examine the accuracy of that statement, but yes, I will allow myself to be outraged by it and use it as evidence of these people's universal callousness toward Americans who lost loved ones when the Twin Towers fell."

"Even though I am not one of those people," he added....

UPDATE:

Good grief. Check out this video John Cole posted from a couple of college student journalists interviewing people at the tea party event this past Saturday. There's a guy at around 12:45 or so who actually says, "I learned everything I need to know about Islam on 9/11."

Like, dude, do we really know what reality is?

No comments: