GOP blocks repeal of ‘don’t ask’.
10. Many other nations, UK, Canada, Israel among them (h/t BrandonF), allow gays to serve openly in the military.
9. The ones that don't are the US, Iran, and Saudi Arabia.
8. There are already gays serving in the military. DADT just forces them into the closet.
7. The people who are voting against probably have gay employees and neighbors, even relatives.
6. It's not even a vote against the bill, just more minority obstructionism.
5. The bill has a Senate majority in favor.
4. A majority of Americans believe that DADT should be ended.
3. Objections like Scott Brown's (see link) are posturing or just flat lying.
2. Religious objections haven't been voiced this time around, but they're part of it. And quite ambiguous, if you actually check out the Bible.
1. Equal protection under the law. A federal court has already found the law unconstitutional.