Sunday, August 16, 2009

Bits and Pieces - August 16, 2009

Bruce Bartlett thinks he's making a case against George Bush, but it looks to me like it's against conservative economic theories. Look at all the good, for example, Bush's tax cuts did for employment.

The current US health system in action.

This is pretty bizarre, and I don't know how much of it to believe. For example, when I was in Petropavlosk in 2005, it still retained some of the characteristics of being a military zone, which was true of all of Kamchatka, the first land line of defense against the United States. I was told it had opened up only that year. So it's hard to believe that an American plane containing Americans without visas would have been let go so easily. Although a few diplomatic phone calls, a willingness to provide some US currency, I suppose something might be worked out.

No comments: