Thursday, September 01, 2005

Thursdays lite

The semester starts today (Thursday) for me. I've put my two grad seminars back-to-back on Thursdays -- 6 hours straight of teaching with a bunch of other things to do surrounding that time. This means I'll be doing light posting on Thursdays in general, although I'll at least try to toss some fruit and links your way. I hope the fruit are appreciated -- absolutely no one has left any comments on any of the fruit posts. I had thought they would provide an occasion for several odes on a jackfruit.

The beginning of the semester also means some occasional gaps in posting when away at conferences, my lecture series in Venezuela this fall, crunch-time on one book and the early stages of another, paper deadlines, and some other travel. I don't know how Juan Cole does it.

I hope you'll stick with Phronesisaical through the occasional down time on Thursdays. If you'd like to read some of Helmut's earlier blog-essays, see Selves and Others here. There's also one that discusses the internet and globalism here (Vol. 24, nos. 1/2).

Thanks for visiting.

No comments: