Tuesday, January 24, 2006

We are all terrorists now

Dick tater, yesterday, in a move we can call the back double-axel, when-did-you-stop-beating-your-wife flip (hand touched the ice) wherein he calls us all "terrorists." Dear NSA, if you're reading this, I am not a "terrorist," despite what your king implies. I am an anti-fascist and anti-royalist.

President Bush pushed back Monday at critics of his once-secret domestic spying effort, saying it should be termed a "terrorist surveillance program" and contending it has the backing of legal experts, key lawmakers and the Supreme Court.

Several members of Congress from both parties have questioned whether the warrantless snooping is legal. That is because it bypasses a special federal court that, by law, must authorize eavesdropping on Americans and because the president provided limited notification to only a few lawmakers.

"It's amazing that people say to me, 'Well, he's just breaking the law.' If I wanted to break the law, why was I briefing Congress?" asked Bush.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! That's my line for negotiating the TSA follies (take off coat and shoes, pull laptop out of backpack, push too many bins through x-ray machine as TSA person beckons you through metal detector, etc., etc.)

I don't say it there, of course, and I prefer the French version to invoke the almost-forgotten generosity of the world to the US:

Nous sommes tous terroristes.

CKR

helmut said...

Nice, Cheryl. Saying it in French has a certain deliciousness to it.