Sunday, February 26, 2006

Olympians

"The same people who recognize I came out with no medals should recognize I could have won three." - Bode Miller, skier

Hedrick said. "I never said, 'Hey, I'm going to be the next Eric Heiden.' To say I was going to win five gold medals would have just been blowing smoke."- Chad Hedrick, smoke-blowing speedskater

After the ladies' free skate, word was going around that Irina Slutskaya was so angry about her placement that she ended up throwing her bronze medal in the trash.

Scherr cited freestyle skier Jeret Peterson, who was ordered to return home early after getting into a fight.

Cross-country skier Marit Bjoergen, 25, was pictured in tears after being knocked out in the quarter-finals of the women's cross-country sprint. "Get me out of this hole," she was quoted as saying in the daily Dagbladet.

"I'm eating," Bode Miller said after opening the door. He was holding up a sandwich. "Gimme five minutes." - Bode Miller

No comments: