Monday, May 15, 2006

My, you've got big ears

ABC News, via Raw Story:

A senior federal law enforcement official tells ABC News the government is tracking the phone numbers we call in an effort to root out confidential sources.

"It's time for you to get some new cell phones, quick," the source told us in an in-person conversation...

Other sources have told us that phone calls and contacts by reporters for ABC News, along with the New York Times and the Washington Post, are being examined as part of a widespread CIA leak investigation.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Helmut,

Here's what I've been stomping around the house asking my husband since I read about this:

What are these guys REALLY trying to do?

They've got their war.

They've got their tax cuts.

They've got their oil profits.

This is a time when I really wish all us bloggers could get together in person and discuss. Posting and commenting is so slow and brief -- there's so much more I could add to this comment, but I'm on deadline.

What are they really trying to do?

Have you read the comments over at ABC's website? Unbelievable. This story scares me.

MT said...

That sounds super-chilling.

helmut said...

Blue Girl,

I know the question well. I don't think we have much of an answer. They're rich and powerful. Is it sheer accumulation?