Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Bits and Pieces - Leftover Politicians Edition

I am so glad there are others who have taken on some of the uglier jobs around.

John Bolton and John Yoo (what a team, hey?) have taken on New START in a New York Times op-ed today. I'm not going to link it, but you'll be able to get to it if you really want to. My impression was of a bunch of American Enterprise Institute (where Bolton works) talking points that I had seen before hashed into a fundamentally unbelievable framework. And I think that John Yoo had the words "constitutional law" inserted. I only skimmed the article.

But Fred Kaplan and Page van der Linden have taken some of their valuable time to debunk it in more detail. We can be grateful to them; I certainly am.

And Stephen Walt has taken some of his time (I thought he said a couple of days ago that blogging would be light!) to throw some of George W. Bush's failures back at him, in parallel to the structure of Bush's book. And today he tells us that Bush's interview with Matt Lauer was a ratings failure. I think that ties back in with Bolton's contention that he has any reading whatsoever on what the voters (or at least the tv viewers) want. (BTW, doesn't that Bush pic look like something out of one of the Matrix films?)

No comments: