Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Bits and Pieces - March 9, 2011

Oh noes! An attack on the continental US! Americans killed!

More about a no-fly zone in Libya from Mark Goldberg and a nice checklist from George Will. Added later: And how'd that Iraq thing work out for you neocons?

Is Wisconsin's populist revolt spreading?

Sure is a good thing Pete King is pertectin' us agin the terrists.

As I was reading this article, I kept thinking that if spreading lies weren't the major part of one political party's strategy, people might not be so misled. And the article does say that, way down at the bottom. The results are not so good for our governance.

And if you need a diversion from the craziness (as I really, really do today), the Smithsonian has made available over 200,000 photos of animals from automated cameras like my birdcam. The Smithsonian's are from researchers and presumably are the best of the best. I think I'm approaching 200,000 myself. If you want to see mine, I usually send them out on Twitter: @cherylrofer.

2 comments:

troutsky said...

Escaping craziness will be getting harder and harder.

Cheryl Rofer said...

Yeah, to think I wrote that before the Wisconsin Republicans made their move.