Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Bits and Pieces - February 15, 2012

I've wanted to write about the Russians drilling into Lake Vostok, isolated from the rest of the world by thousands of years worth of ice, but there just doesn't seem to be much more than this available.

Lise Meitner, one of my role models.

When I go to an official DOE meeting, I am always put off by the way the question period is run. Five minutes for each commenter, while the government participants sit back and try to look interested, but never respond, as a matter of policy. It looks like the Blue Ribbon Commission on America's Nuclear Future may have found a better way.

A US arsenal of 300 nuclear weapons? Although I'm seeing a partial walkback on social media.

Talks to begin between the US and North Korea, but nobody's expecting much to come of them.

Here's a shark swallowing a shark.

No comments: